Sinephile: A Movie Blog
THE APPARITION (2012) Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM



THE APPARITION (2012)
Directed by Todd Lincoln
Starring Ashley Greene, Sebastian Stan, Tom Felton

A young couple is haunted by a supernatural presence that was accidentally conjured by a university parapsychology experiment.

I was so excited to watch this since the trailer was so good and also because my long-time childhood crush Tom Felton is in it. As a Harry Potter fan, I always make it a point to watch other movies that HP actors star in. It's nice to see them act in a different role and not seeing them in their flowy robes with their wands and everything. Anyway, I literally forced my older brother to watch this with me and after much persuasion, he finally agreed. We went to the theater and watched it and I feel really bad for my brother because he had to pay to watch a really crappy movie because I forced him to.

Why is it that the trailer is better than the movie itself? I really hate it when that happens! Like, why not just put the trailer on loop for 2 hours instead of showing us a bad horror movie. I'm so disappointed. It was not scary at all. My brother and I were laughing at some parts of the movie because the scenes were so bad. It's either that or we were facepalming ourselves instead. There was a little bit of tension but then it quickly disappeared and I was left in my seat thinking, "Where the frick did it go? What am I supposed to feel now?". The acting was barely okay. The writing was cheesy, all the typical lines you'd hear in every other horror movie were used. Ahhh I'm so disappointed!!

Do not watch this. Do not buy a dvd copy of this. Do not even torrent or download this. Just do not watch this at all. You'll be grateful I warned you.

Rating: 

Labels:


©