Sinephile: A Movie Blog
NOW YOU SEE ME (2013) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM



NOW YOU SEE ME (2013)
Directed by Louis Leterrier
Starring Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Isla Fisher, Melanie Laurent, Morgan Freeman 

I saw and heard about this movie everywhere when it came out but I didn't really pay much attention to it. It was only recently that I decided to watch this, after a classmate of mine recommended it to me. After knowing who the cast were, I knew I had to see it for myself. I mean, Dave Franco and Morgan Freeman in one movie?! Sign me up!

Basically, it's about these four magicians or illusionists called the Four Horsemen, who are brought together by some mysterious benefactor and they pull of these really awesome bank heists during their performances and give the money to their audiences. An FBI agent and Interpol detective are put together to investigate on how the Four Horsemen pull their robberies so perfectly that they seem too good to be true.

I'm not gonna lie. One of the reasons why I watched this is because Dave Franco is in it, which is not such a terrible reason, if you ask me and the other 17 year old females. Anyway, I really enjoyed watching this movie! I'm not sure if everyone reading this has seen it so without spoiling it too much, there were a lot of moments where I was all like "Woahhh!" because I would've never guessed how they did those illusions. I'm not really sure how I feel about the whole plot twist in the ending. I feel like the movie could've been better without it. Or they could've revealed the twist in the next movie, since there's already a sequel in the making. That's just my 2 cents.

I'm not surprised that Jesse Eisenberg is yet again playing a smart-ass character. I'd like to see him play out different roles but in this case, he did a really good job in being an annoying know-it-all. The rest of the cast were great as well.

All in all, it was a really entertaining movie. If you have nothing to do on a weekend, go get some popcorn and watch Now You See Me and be prepared to be amazed by all these really cool magic tricks.

Rating: ★

Labels:


©