Sinephile: A Movie Blog
PROJECT X (2012) Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 11:16 PM



PROJECT X (2012)
Directed by Nima Nourizadeh
Starring Thomas Mann, Oliver Cooper, Jonathan Daniel Brown

3 high school seniors decide to throw a birthday party in order to gain popularity in their school, but soon it escalates out of their control as the night progresses.

Oh, Project X. I remember watching this before it got all mainstream popular (I'm so hipster IKR). And then a month after, everyone else found out about it and then next thing I knew, everyone was talking about it on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, you name it. They were all like, "Project X was so cool!!! Like omg!!" and "Holy shit. That was the best party ever!!! I wanna have one like that!!!" Really? REALLY? Are you really sure about that?

I think this is one of those movies that people can only relate to if they have similar lifestyles as the characters. People I know who watched it thought it was really awesome and fun, maybe because they like to party and everything. But when I watched it, I only felt anxious and nervous for the main characters. I was honestly so scared for them. If I had a party as wild and insane as the one in the movie, I'm pretty sure my parents would disown me and then kill me. I really don't understand people who would want a party like that because they literally burned down the whole neighborhood. As in literally. Do you really want that to happen? Also, the main character's dad was pretty chill about the whole thing when he found out what happened. LOL as if that happens in real life, but then again it's just a movie.

It was an entertaining movie, to say the least. Some parts made me laugh and some parts were just unbelievable, like I could never imagine them happening in real life. Or maybe my life is just really boring.

Rating: 

Labels:


©