Sinephile: A Movie Blog
DATE NIGHT (2010) Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM



DATE NIGHT (2010)
Directed by Shawn Levy
Starring Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg, James Franco, Mila Kunis

A case of mistaken identity turns a bored married couple's attempt at a romantic evening into something more thrilling and dangerous.

Let me start by saying how much I love both the main actors of this film. I first saw Tina Fey way back then in Saturday Night Live and Steve Carell in The 40 Year Old Virgin and then in The Office which really sealed the deal. Two hilarious comedians in one movie? Don't mind if I do!

I don't know if I'm being a little biased since I love the actors and everything but I really loved this movie! It was hilarious and fun to watch, something that all comedy movies should be. Fey and Carell's performances were great, as expected. I also enjoyed watching the supporting cast's appearances. My favorite scene has to be when Fey and Carell snuck inside the apartment of James Franco and Mila Kunis. The dialogue between Carell and Franco was so good, I literally could not stop laughing. There were so many other funny scenes but I also appreciated the more dramatic parts, like that one scene between Fey and Carell in their car. I have a thing for Steve Carell's way of delivering lines, especially the emotional ones. I don't know how he does it but he's just so good!

Overall, Date Night was a really fun movie to watch. I definitely recommend this movie, especially to all Steve Carell and Tina Fey fans!

Rating: 

Labels:


©