Sinephile: A Movie Blog
SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD (2012) Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM



SEEKING A FRIEND FOR THE END OF THE WORLD (2012)
Directed by Lorene Scafaria
Starring Steve Carell, Keira Knightley, Connie Britton, Nancy Carell, Adam Brody

As the end of the world nears, one man decides to make most of his time while he's still alive by reuniting with his high-school sweetheart, after his own wife suddenly leaves him. He then befriends his neighbor, who decides to tag along in his journey to finding love one last time.

Let me begin by saying how much I love sad movies. I love horror movies the most but there's something about sad movies that makes me want to watch them a thousand times. I like feeling all the angst and the sadness that the characters feel. Basically, I like making myself feel miserable and depressed. Yay!

I don't know how many times I've watched this movie but I still love it every single time. I never thought Steve Carell and Keira Knightley would go well together but they did. Their acting was spot on and words cannot express how much I love the last scene. There was one day where I watched the ending for like 5 times straight and I was crying so much that I could barely see the screen. I'm not even kidding! It was just so sad and I just want to hold someone by their shoulders and ask them, "WHY?!?!?!". I mean, I knew what the ending was going to be but I did not expect it to be that emotional. If I did, I would've been prepared and had like 5 boxes of tissues with me.

Overall, the movie was great. I like how they tried to make it as realistic as possible, seeing as how we've never actually had to go through an "end of the world" phase so no one really knows how people will react to it, but it seemed realistic enough. The ending was perfect. I don't think any other ending would've flawlessly wrapped up the whole movie. Kudos to everyone behind this film!

Rating: 

Labels:


©