Sinephile: A Movie Blog
SCARY MOVIE 5 (2013) Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM



SCARY MOVIE 5 (2013)
Directed by Malcolm D. Lee
Starring Ashley Tisdale, Simon Rex, Erica Ash, Gracie Whitton, Ava Kolker

After bringing their lost nieces and nephew home, a married couple begin to experience paranormal activity. They decide to put up surveillance cameras in hopes of finding out what that strange entity is.

I'm going to be straight to the point. I knew this was going to be a terrible movie. This franchise should've stopped at the 3rd one, which, in my opinion, is the best one out of all the 5. Every review I read said that it was not worth my time or my money but being the curious person that I am, I still wanted to watch it just to see if it was really as bad as they said it was. And they were right.

Ashley Tisdale was not a good substitute for Anna Faris. She was nowhere near as funny or as enjoyable to watch as her. Simon Rex was meh, as always. There were also some famous celebrities in the film, like Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan, who both made a sex tape in the beginning of the movie. I get that they were trying to use sexual humor but it was just so dumb and unnecessary and I just ugh. I'm not disappointed because I had low expectations anyway. I'm angry; angry at whoever decided that it would be a good idea to make and produce a film so terrible as this. The acting was terrible, the jokes were terrible, everything was terrible.

I really hope this is the last film of the Scary Movie franchise. They should just stop. They're wasting money. They should just use that money to buy a whole rainforest for preservation or something. At least they'll be contributing for the good of the Earth, instead of making a shitty ass movie.

Rating: 

Labels:


©