Sinephile: A Movie Blog
INTRODUCTION Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

cin·e·phile
n.

A film or movie enthusiast.


I think this meaning of cinephile from thefreedictionary suits me better. According to Wikipedia, a cinephile is "a person with a passionate interest in cinema, film theory, and film criticism". If I used that meaning instead and you happened to randomly stumble upon my blog, you'd probably think I'm this really cool person who knows everything that has to do with film and has watched every single movie of Woody Allen or some other famous director and attends every single film festival in the world. Actually, everything I said was true except for me knowing everything about film and watching every movie of Woody Allen and attending every film festival. I'm a really cool person. You can even ask my friends, all 2 of them.

I'm just kidding though, I have at least 3 or 4 friends. Also, Wikipedia is surprisingly unreliable this time because I'm not some person with a bursting passion for cinema and everything that has to do with it. I'm just a college student who likes to watch movies in her spare time. I also like critiquing them, especially my favorite ones. I'm not one to use big, glittery words to describe how I feel about a particular movie so please don't expect too much out of my reviews. But with that being said, I hope you enjoy reading my blog! And I hope your friends enjoy reading it as well, assuming you'll tell your friends about my blog because it's totally awesome but you don't have to if you don't want to. I'm not forcing you or anything. (But seriously though, that would be much appreciated!)

©